Guru Brahma Guru Vishnu Guru Devo Maheswarah,
Guru Sakshath Parambrahma, tasmai Sri Gurave Namah!
A teacher plays an important role in everyone. Mother is the first teacher for a new born and as the baby grows, once it starts attending school. It is the teachers who mould and provide a meaning to our life. They actually put life in us by providing knowledge and define a purpose and meaning for our lives.
Life is also a teacher as it teaches some quite easy and lots of tough lessons and encourage us to overcome challenges and realize our goals eventually. Today it is time to relish our experiences and pay our respect to the teachers who actually are the true movers and shakers of this world.
Teachers Day 2012 Date
In India, Teachers Day will be celebrated on 5th September 2012.
Teachers Day 2012 in India
his day is celebrated in remembrance of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan every year since 1962. Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan was the first Vice-president and second President of India. He was an eminent philosopher and a great professor who taught the philosophical similarities between India and the West. He was also nominated for Nobel Prize in literature consecutively for five years from 1933- 1937.
On this day, all educational institutions function normally however the day is meant for celebration. The regular and mundane classes are replaced with interactive cultural and fun based programs. This day children seek blessing from their teachers and celebrate it exuberantly.. Students also organize a party and dedicate several programs from singing, dancing to poem recital and dedications for their favorite teachers.
Teachers Day greeting Cards
We recommend you to be creative and prepare simple handmade cards and express your greetings to your teachers than merely buying a card from the store. Another way would be send e-greeting cards and do your bit for the environment. Refer the below sites for teachers day greeting cards:
Teachers Day Quotes
Some hand-picked quotes from the famous personalities who describe the true essence of teachers and their function:
- Helen Caldicott – Teachers, I believe, are the most responsible and important members of society because their professional efforts affect the fate of the earth.
- Forest Witchcraft – A hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in the bank, but the world may be a better place because I made a difference in the life of a child.
- Nikos Kazantzakis – Ideal teachers are those who use themselves as bridges over which they invite their students to cross, then having facilitated their crossing, joyfully collapse, encouraging them to create bridges of their own.
- A good teacher is like a candle – it consumes itself to light the way for others.
Teachers Day Celebration
The ultimate teachers day 2012 celebration would be when every student respect the teachers and follow them righteously. Every teacher has a role to play in shaping our life and it’s our responsibility to pay tribute to them by growing into a model citizens of this country and the planet.
Teachers Day Message
Let the teachers day message be unique, spend some time thinking and we are sure your teachers would appreciate the originality and effort than the art of impressing them on teachers day. Here are few samples dedicating for teachers who tolerated us all this while.
- You are our hope, you treat us like your children and yet we trouble you.
- Thanks for your patience and leading us towards the light of knowledge. We love you teacher!
- How could I forget the days when you helped us to hold the pen and teach us write?
- How could I forget the time spent with you learning to share and care?
- Well, we would never forget you and those memorable moments.
- Happy Teacher’s day!
Teachers Day Poems
This teachers day 2012, if you are considering to dedicate poems to teachers, check out the collection of poems from Gurudev-Rabindranath Tagore. However here is the best one from a Joanna Fuchs.
A Teacher for All Seasons
A teacher is like Spring,
Who nurtures new green sprouts,
Encourages and leads them,
Whenever they have doubts.
A teacher is like Summer,
Whose sunny temperament
Makes studying a pleasure,
A teacher is like Fall,
With methods crisp and clear,
Lessons of bright colors
And a happy atmosphere.
A teacher is like Winter,
While it’s snowing hard outside,
Keeping students comfortable,
As a warm and helpful guide.
Teacher, you do all these things,
With a pleasant attitude;
You’re a teacher for all seasons,
And you have my gratitude!
–By Joanna Fuchs
Teachers Day 2012 – What is expected from everyone?
All we need is to take some time off from our busy schedule and let’s meet our teachers and wish them in person “Happy Teachers Day”!
Share with us your teacher’s day experiences and who is your favorite teacher and why? We are waiting.